The Jewish Council for Racial Equality has published its Rosh Hashanah manifesto entitled “Reclaiming the Jewish social justice agenda”. JCORE are looking to get 1,000 signatures for its petition to the Government, setting the following 6 challenges:
- Allow asylum seekers the right to work
- Reunite refugee families
- Create a properly funded programme to resettle unaccompanied refugee children and young people in the UK
- Protect the Race Disparity Unit, which monitors the extent of racial inequality in Britain
- Provide funding for a permanent memorial to the victims of the transatlantic slave trade
- Make sure all political parties have clear and transparent procedures for dealing with all forms of racism, including antisemitism, Islamophobia and anti-black racism
You can read the full manifesto, and sign it online, at www.jcore.org.uk/manifesto .
The Social Action group of Mosaic Jewish Community agrees with JCORE that it is particularly important that, during this time of uncertainty and anxiety, our community is demonstrating positive Jewish values, and we appeal to you all to support this initiative.