This page shows news and updates for Synagogue activities during the Coronavirus Covid-19 pandemic. You will also find updated information in our weekly email. If you don’t yet receive our weekly emails and would like to, click here to register. You don’t need to be a member to register for our emails.
We are connecting each Shabbat and through the week on Zoom:
- Our weekly and one-off activities are on our what’s on page
- Our Shabbat services are online:
- Friday each week at 5.30pm with Rabbi Natasha at Mosaic Masorti Live
- Friday Shabbat service at 6.30 for 7pm alternately Mosaic Liberal & Reform at Mosaic Live
- Shabbat morning at 10 for 10.30am by Mosaic Reform Live
- Shabbat morning at 10.30 for 11am by by Mosaic Liberal Live
- Rabbi Natasha is davening Shacharit at 9.00 am on weekdays and Sunday. People saying Kaddish can also do so in this virtual space. Shacharit Zoom Session
We also have further information and links to resources you may find useful HERE
Our community has two priorities at this time:
- Supporting our members – practically and emotionally, and
- Providing (virtual) “space” to come together as a community – to pray, to support each other, for education or “just” to be together
We are inspired but not surprised how our volunteers, Rabbis and staff have risen to the challenges presented by the pandemic. We have teams of volunteers and staff maintaining contact with all our members, including helping with shopping and errarnds for members who are self-isolating. Our Rabbis, care co-ordinators and trained volunteers are providing support where people are ill, hospitalised or bereaved. Please do contact us if you need our help or just feel you need to talk to someone.
Mosaic has many opportunities for the community to come together online through our Zoom and streamed services and other activities, including ritual services, pre-Shabbat catch-up and a wide range of guest speakers. Please do check the weekly emails (subscribe here) or you can find all details on the What’s on page. If you have any ideas or suggestions for anything else we could be doing, please contact us.
We are aware that the current situation is difficult – especially for people who are not able to make use of technology to connect with people or online support resources. The Mosaic tech team has responded by providing very simple to use tablets and mifi routers, all suitable for people who’ve never used a computer before. You can find out more about that here
We are grateful for support we are receiving across the Liberal, Masorti and Reform movements and from Harrow Bereavement Care and other organisations.
Many people are affected financially by the current situation. If you would like to talk to us about that in confidence then please contact us. However if you are able to support our work at this time then please
Please contact any of us if you would like to discuss this or anything else we can help with:
Jeff Highfield and Mark Phillips, Mosaic Jewish Community co-chairs (contact us)
Rabbi Rachel Benjamin (contact)
Daniel Brown, Mosaic Liberal Synagogue chair (contact)
Rabbi Natasha Mann, Mosaic Masorti Synagogue (contact)
Gill Ross and Edwin Lucas, Mosaic Masorti Synagogue co-chairs (contact us)
Rabbi Kathleen Middleton, Mosaic Reform Synagogue (contact)
Harry Grant, Mosaic Reform Synagogue chair (contact)