Mosaic is a new concept for Anglo-Jewry in London – one community with three “strands” of Judaism.
Mosaic is a uniquely diverse, dynamic and pluralist Jewish community that enhances and sustains Jewish life through:
- A choice of services from our three Mosaic synagogues offering Liberal, Masorti and Reform religious practice
- A range of cultural, educational and social activities and programmes.
- Supporting Jews in need, both within our Community and beyond
- Warmly welcoming, supporting and encouraging us all to choose our Jewish life
- Playing our role in the world outside our community – contributing to and impacting the repair of the world (tikkun olam)
The three synagogues are
- Mosaic Reform Synagogue (formerly Middlesex New Synagogue),
- Mosaic Liberal Synagogue (formerly Harrow and Wembley Progressive Synagogue)
- Mosaic Masorti Synagogue (formerly Hatch End Masorti Synagogue).
Each of the synagogues maintains its own religious rituals and individuality using the flexibility of the building to accommodate three services taking place simultaneously, which are followed on Shabbat by a communal Kiddush. Cultural and social activities as well as religious education are provided communally by Mosaic Jewish community to all members and the local population.
Mosaic serves the Jewish Community in
- Bushey, Pinner, Hatch End, Northwood, Ruislip, Harrow, Harrow Weald, Stanmore, Kenton, Wembley, Oxhey, Watford and beyond
- the boroughs of Brent, Harrow, Hertsmere, Hillingdon and beyond.
Mosaic offers members the freedom to “Choose your Jewish Life.”
If you’d like to understand more about why we have created Mosaic you can find out here
Why not contact us to get involved or to find out more?
You can read more about the building here.
As a pluralist Community Mosaic has kashrut guidelines that respect all our members’ needs. Find out more here
Mosaic has a large hall available for functions. If you’d like to know find out here
Find out more about the Mosaic Board officers and structure here